Need assistance with upgrading the Firmware our products?
In all our latest devices and many from the last few years support FOTA for the distribution of new Firmware (Software for handsets, modems or hotspots etc). FOTA stands for “Firmware over the Air” which means that the updated software for your handset will come directly to the device itself and then with your permission, update the device.
The best option when you receive the notification that there is new software for your device is to wait until you are at home or the office where you have a Wi-Fi connection available and once you are connected you can start the FOTA process.
If you have closed your notification then all you need to look for on Android handsets is the application called Software Update. On data devices like USB modems or Hotspots check the WebUI for available updates or update available messages. For feature handset (ie T96 or T55 / non-Android handsets, you should check the user manual or quick start guide or just cycle through the menus until you see an item like Firmware update listed and give it a go.
Typically a FOTA update will take 5-10minutes depending on the device and the size of the FOTA package. Just follow the prompts and read the messages as the process proceed’s step by step. Don’t do anything to the device while it is upgrading and before you start make sure your device has alot of charge on it’s battery.
Below is the only troubleshooting that can be performed on an Android based device. Other device types do not have the ability for field / user recovery if there is an issue. If you have a feature handset (non-Android), USB modem or Hotspot that have an issue and fail during a FOTA process contact our support team for what to do next.
Otherwise it should be simple and straight forward.
Good Luck and Thank you for supporting ZTE
To talk directly to a ZTE Customer Care Representative please call: 1300 789 475
To reach out to ZTE over email please send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak to a ZTE Customer Care Representative online please DM us on ZTE AUSTRALIA’s Facebook Page – ZTE Australia
Is your FOTA update not working? – Try these simple steps…
- Turn the handset off, remove the battery for a few seconds, then re-insert.
- Press both the Volume Up & Power buttons until you feel the handset vibrate, then let go of the Power button only until the handset boots into Recovery Mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the listed command options and select / highlight the one labelled “wipe cache partition”. Press the Power button to select that action.
- See the result of the action shown on the bottom of the display and when it has finished the selection / highlight will be on the “reboot system now” command, so press the power button to select that action and reboot the handset.
- Once the handset has rebooted into it’s normal operation, run the “System Updates” application and follow the prompts to download and then install the FOTA update on your device.